Here’s everything exciting that happened in 2nd Raahgiri Day of New Gurugram on April 28, 2019
Cheers to New Gurugrammers!
2nd Raahgiri Day brought more activities and energy
Thousands of people came together to promote fitness and a healthy lifestyle in 2nd Raahgiri Day of New Gurugram on 28th April 2019.
People from all residential societies like DLF New Town Heights of sector 86-90-91, DLF Sky Court, DLF Regal Garden, DLF Primus, Bestech Park View Ananda, Vipul Lavanya, Mapsko Casabella, Mapsko Royal Ville and many more neighboring societies including those from Vatika INXT were present.
Senior citizens, Young women – men of all ages and kids were all enjoying themselves and taking part in all the activities and learning about the environment.
Table of content:
We encourage you to read the whole article and check out all the pictures.
You can also click/tap on the picture to open in a larger view.
Let’s begin with a round of applause for everyone who helped set up this magnificent event.
We thank the Raahgiri Organizing Team for their consent and support. Volunteers from United Association of New Gurugram (UANG) for putting many efforts together and bringing the mega event of Raahgiri to New Gurugram.
We also thank the police staff, DLF staff and everyone else who participated. This includes our bus drivers, cleaners, tent managers, sound technicians and many more people who worked hard to make this event a success.
Some of the highlights of New Gurugram’s second Raahgiri Day were –
1) Zumba by ‘MDFC – My Dance & Fitness Centre‘ charged everyone. Their choice of music and easy to do moves enthused kids and senior citizens alike. All the participants performed with the infectious energy of dance and music.
2) Fantastic Yoga performance by Sharmistha Santra. She is only 12 years old, yet she amazed everyone with her immense talent. She brought all of us closer to the stage to cheer her. Every posture she performed was full of grace.
3) Skateboarders, Skaters, and cyclists were all thrilled to move freely on the vehicle-free streets. Couples strolled on the road with their newborn babies in prams.
4) Streets once again became a canvas for kids to draw on. Little children were using their favorite colors to paint the world with their imagination.
5) Pottery was encouraged by The Clay House team. This was loved by little girls in particular. The kids were taught how to make small clay pots.
6) Bharat Ram Global School introduced the concept of clay modeling to little ones. Kids were engrossed in making small animals, flowers and other cute designs. Moms were clicking photos of the kids and their love for clay.
7) Ipsaa Day Care enthralled everyone with their Zumba moves. Everyone joined in to match the steps performed on stage by the Zumba team. Everyone grooved to the lively music.
8) Tansen Sangeet Mahavidyalaya entertained everyone with a solo performance on a string of popular songs. As a result, Everyone joined in to sing with the singer, Avinash.
9) Nukkad Naatak was performed by the talented kids of Blue Bells School. The play emphasized on the importance of casting vote.
10) Ras Gatha’s Storytelling engrossed everyone.
11) E-Scooter and cycles courtesy ‘ Mobycy ‘ was available on a paid basis. Electric scooters particularly were an instant hit and brought smiles to both the rider and the onlookers.
12) A police team was available at sufficient locations to provide a secure environment.
13) Ambulances by Medulance and Max Hospital were available.
14) Refreshing nariyal paani and water were available to keep everyone recharged and hydrated. Additionally, Shoperite store from sector 89 provided more choices for juices and cold drinks.
15) KB Diagnostic Center along with Pillstree set up a checkup camp. People received free blood sugar and blood pressure check-ups. They encouraged everyone to regularly schedule precautionary health tests.
16) Cake Castle provided tasty refreshments and snacks.
17) DLF Sky Court stall became a photo clicking site for many as it was the most attractive stall.
The entire event of 2nd Raahgiri Day of New Gurugram ensured loads of fun and laughter. Good Health and Saving the environment was the mantra of the day.
As a result, adults of all age groups got a chance to relive their childhood days. Meeting fellow residents of neighboring societies and participating together in various events brought great joy and promoted harmony.
The message of the Day
“Vote your Voice” was the word of the event.
1) Rio Paralympics silver medalist, Padma Shri and Arjuna Awardee Ms.Deepa Malik graced the 2nd Raahgiri Day of New Gurugram event. She encouraged each individual to step out of one’s comfort and vote for the right candidate in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. She also inspired everyone with her life’s motivational experiences. How she overcame life’s hurdles. Kids surrounded her for autographs and clicked pictures with her.
2) Raman Mallik, Spokesperson – BJP Haryana also joined everyone on the stage of 2nd Raahgiri Day of New Gurugram to encourage everyone to vote. Everyone appreciated his simple explanation of the power of voting.
What are the New Gurugrammers saying about the event?
“Raahgiri is an excellent initiative! Shun the vehicles! Reclaim your land! First time ever in New Gurgaon! It was a wonderful experience for young and old! Lots of fun and frolic! Music, dance and a variety of activities!”
Rima SrivastavResident of Dlf Regal Garden, Sector 90, Gurugram.
“It was really very enriching experience at Raahgiri. We all enjoyed the day. Its a really very nice initiative to get community together and create more inclusive society for all of us. Thanks to Team Raahgiri”
Khem ChandraResident of The Vatika Seven Lamps, Sector 82, Gurugram
“The second edition of our Raahgiri was a feather in our cap .Was a pleasure to have a celebrity who is an inspiration for all,visit us .Great initiative to have such exemplary people visit our part of the town.”
Simmi KamalnaathResident of DLF New Town Heights, sector 90, Gurugram
“Today the second Raahgiri was also conducted with the same spirit… many thanks and heartiest congratulations to the organizers. I suggest DLF, all other societies of new Gurgaon and concerned civic agencies to initiate construction of cycle/pedestrian tracks along with the sector roads.”
SP Verma and Anjana Verma Residents, DLF New Town Heights, Sector-91, Gurugram
“Raahgiri at New Gurugram displayed a spectacular crowd buzzing with energy and enthusiasm. Being the founder of a dance & fitness academy in Gurugaon, I was thrilled to see new Gurgaon displaying this new found love for fitness and working towards achieving a fitter Gurugram. Kudos to the entire team at Raahgiri for planning the event in great detail and engaging a large audience.”
“Raahgiri is one of the most awaited event at New Gurgaon. My complete family participates with full enthusiasm… especially my daughter enjoyed every single activity.”
Sachin AgarwalResident of DLF New Town Heights, Sector 86, Gurugram
“It was a great experience, as I couldn’t attend the first Raahgiri…We convey our best wishes to the organizers and all associated agencies”
Joginder Singh and Shashi Arora Resident of DLF New Town Heights, Sector 91, Gurugram.
The day belonged to us, the residents of New Gurugram (Gurgaon). Everyone came out to enjoy a pollution-free Sunday morning with their family, friends, and neighbors.