Gurugram bus stand is a commonly used name for Gurugram Interstate Bus Terminal (ISBT). It is also referred to as Gurgaon bus stand and Gurgaon bus adda.
In September 2020, I had to travel to Karnal for some personal work. Taking my car was not an option and train or taxi wasn’t available either. Thus Interstate bus transportation service was the only option available.
I had never travelled by interstate bus before. Leave alone that, I’ve hardly ever used the city bus for travelling. Last that I remember was I had used Blue Line busses in my college-going days. So this was my first-time experience with interstate bus services.
Since I had never used an interstate bus before I didn’t know much about it. So I searched online for details. It’s very difficult to get any complete information about Gurugram bus adda online. The information is thinly spread across sites. Therefore no online resource provides any authentic and full information.
Like me, I assume many are looking for a complete reference and information guide. Hence the need for such a blog arrived.
Blog read time: 6.10 mins
In this blog, you will find:
– The details about Gurugram bus stand and depot.
– Customer care phone numbers of Gurugram and other bus stands.
– Available ticket booking options.
– Answers to some frequently asked questions
– Helpful links.
I have tried to create it as a complete information guide so that it can benefit all.
Finally, this is a community blog so help us maintain it. Consequently, any more information, updates, suggestions are welcome.
Table of contents:
- 1.Gurugram bus stand
- 2.Other bus stands
- 3.Ticket booking
- 4.1.What’s the difference between Volvo and normal buses?
- 4.2.Who all can travel for free in Haryana roadways?
- 4.3.Can I buy bus passes for Haryana roadways?
- 4.4.Any vehicle parking facility available?
- 4.5.Are toilet facilities available?
- 4.6.Cloakroom (luggage check-in) facility is available?
- 4.7.Are there any waiting areas?
- 4.8.Where are the Yatri Niwas (staying) options available?
- 4.9.What options for food and drink are there?
- 4.10.Is enquiry counter available at the bus stand?
- 5.Intracity buses
- 6.Helpful links
1.Gurugram bus stand
Haryana Roadways is a government undertaking. They are the service provider for all passenger public-transport. It works under guidance from Director General State Transport. Hence are responsible for the upkeep and maintenance for Gurugram bus stand. They maintain all bus stands and bus depots in Haryana. So they are responsible for your travelling comfort.
Following are some quick highlights of Haryana Roadways:
- They have approx 4,250 buses running.
- A total of 16,500+ staff members.
- There are 24+ depots and also 13+ sub-depots.
- Total of 110 bus stands.
- 20 departmental driver training schools.
- 3 central workshops.
- Annual turnover of ₹1,910 Cr.
There are many economical buses that are run by them. Some of the new bus services started are Saarthi, Haryana Gaurav and Haryana Uday.
This is the new Volvo air-condition (AC) bus service.
Also called ‘Aam aadmi ki khas bus‘ is the latest bus service introduced. It has the latest facilities like FM radio, mobile charger, pneumatically operated doors. Enjoy the tinted windows with curtains and deluxe type 2×2 seats. All this at ordinary bus fares.
This is the new CNG bus service. It helps cut air pollution in the state.
Haryana Roadways makes the day-to-day travelling of so many people possible. About 12 lakh (1.2 million) people use their services.
1.1.What is the address of bus stand?
Gurugram (Gurgaon) Interstate Bus Terminal (ISBT) a.k.a. Gurugram bus stand or “bus adda”
Bus Stand Rd, Adarsh Nagar, Sector 12, Gurugram, Haryana 122022, India.
1.2.How to reach Gurugram bus stand?
Following are the options available:
– IFFCO Chowk metro station is closest (5 km) (Yellow Metro Line).
– Haryana Roadways bus number 215B (Dundahera), 215C (Wazirpur), 222B (Palam Vihar), 116B (Rajesh Pilot Gurjar Chowk), 116C (Dwarka Exp Chowk B Daulatabad) and 138 (Rajiv Chowk).
– Interstate buses from Uttam Nagar Terminal, Anand Vihar ISBT, Badarpur and Karol Bagh Terminal also stop here.
– Private cab/taxi also available.
1.3.Location map of the bus stand
Refer the map to get the directions to reach the bus stand. You can also click on ‘View larger map’ to open in a larger view.
1.4.What is Gurugram (Gurgaon) bus stand enquiry number?
1.5.What is the email?
1.6.Officers’ phone numbers
|Suman Bhankhar, HCS|
For a telephone number of other depots in Haryana Roadways click the link
2.Other bus stands
Information about other bus depots and bus stands closest to Gurugram bus stand.
2.1.Enquiry phone numbers
Following is the list of Enquiry/Contact/Helpline/Customer care phone numbers
|Bus Stand||Enquiry Number|
|Karnal Old Bus Stand||0182-2251158|
|ISBT-Delhi, Kashmere Gate||011-23861262|
There are many options available. Ticket fares differ based on your destination and type of bus like Volvo ticket would cost more. Also, online ticket booking is available.
3.1.Ticket counter at the bus stand
There are ticket booking/purchasing counters and also advanced booking counters available. Buses going in different directions/routes have different booking counters. Therefore asking for directions and going to the correct counter is important.
3.2.Online ticket booking
If you want to book tickets online then you can go to the official ticket booking site
Following are some pointers to note:
- Tickets available 5 hrs before departure.
- Max 10 days advance-booking can be done.
- There are extra service charges for luxury seats.
- For enquiry, you can call +91-124-2320-222 or email at email@example.com
There are private bus options also available. Operators like Zingbus, Yolo, Mahalaxmi travels, Gujarat travels, Jain travels etc are available.
Keep these emergency numbers handy. Click for Emergency numbers
4.1.What’s the difference between Volvo and normal buses?
Both types of buses available from Gurgaon bus stand. Volvo buses are more luxurious and comfortable. Hence their ticket fare is higher. Normal buses are also available. They have a very economical fare.
4.2.Who all can travel for free in Haryana roadways?
If you are a
– Freedom fighter or widow of freedom fighter
– MP, Ex-MP, MLA or Ex-MLA
– Blind person
– 100% deaf & dumb
– 100% physically handicapped
– People receiving state awards
There are others also who can avail it, check the official site for details.
4.3.Can I buy bus passes for Haryana roadways?
Yes, you have to fill an application form and then you can buy the bus pass.
Following are some pointers to note:
- Computerized passes have a hologram on them.
- Different colour passes are there for different durations. They have an expiry date on them.
- Applicant’s photograph is there on the pass.
- Name of both the stations between which the pass is valid is also mentioned on it.
- Passes are valid only in the Standard Buses and Haryana Uday Buses (CNG Standard Buses)
4.4.Any vehicle parking facility available?
Car parking and cycle/scooter/bike stands are also available.
4.5.Are toilet facilities available?
Yes, separate male and female toilets are available. They are maintained and hence are in usable condition.
4.6.Cloakroom (luggage check-in) facility is available?
Cloakroom are facilities where travelling passenger can leave their belongings for a short time. They are available at important bus stands.
4.7.Are there any waiting areas?
Waiting Hall with good seating capacity is available. They are also cleaned and maintained regularly.
4.8.Where are the Yatri Niwas (staying) options available?
Yatri Niwas i.e. staying options are available for night stay at nominal rates. Currently, Kalka and Ambala Cantt Bus stand has them.
4.9.What options for food and drink are there?
There are snack shops and clean drinking water available at the bus stand. There are also street vendors and restaurants in the vicinity. Sadar Bazaar is also close by, thus making providing a variety of eating options.
4.10.Is enquiry counter available at the bus stand?
Enquiry counters, ticket booking and advance ticket booking counters are also available. There are different counters for buses going on different routes.
Following buses that travel intracity i.e. within Gurugram, are also available at Gurugram bus stand
- Route # 111 A
Fortis Memorial Research Institute – Huda City Centre -> Subhash Chowk
- Route # 111 E
Vatika Chowk -> Sector-55/56 Metro Station
- Route # 111 F
Huda City Centre -> CRPF Camp Kadarpur Gate # 1
- Route # 111B
Huda City Centre -> Maruti Kunj
- Route # 111 M
Huda City Centre -> Huda City Centre (Via Paras Hospital – HVPN)
- Route # 116 E
Huda City Centre -> Gurugram Railway Station
- Route # 116 F
Rajesh Pilot Chowk -> Gurugram Railway Station
- Route # 119
Gurugram Bus stand -> NIT Bus stand
- Route # 122
Mahaveer Chowk Gaushala Road -> Kendriya Vihar
- Route # 134 B
Iffco Chowk Metro Station -> IMT Manesar
- Route # 211
Gurugram Bus stand -> Business Zone Sector-50
- Route # 212
Basai Chowk (via Huda City Center) -> Basai Chowk
- Route # 215 B
Gurugram Bus Stand -> Dundahera
- Route # 218
Gurugram Bus Stand -> Sohna Bus stand
- Route # 222 B
Gurugram Bus Stand -> Palam Vihar
- Route # 254
Gurugram Bus stand -> Farukhnagar ( via Wajirpur)
- Route # 254 A
Gurugram Bus Stand -> Maruti Gate # 4 (Via Kadipur – Hayatpur – Bhangrola)
- Route # 254 B
Gurugram Bus stand -> Pataudi
- Route # 255
Gurugram Bus Stand -> Farukhnagar ( Via Chandu)
- Route # 112 B
Krishna Chowk -> HVPN
I took the Volvo bus for my travel. If you can afford then definitely go with Volvo service, it would make it a much more comfortable journey.
Recommendation: Add following items to your travel accessories
Following are some suggestions to consider:
- Maintain cleanliness.
- Better maintenance of busses especially the main/economical ones.
- Increase the number and frequency of busses.
- Create an online application which can help track the route and location of buses.
- Customer care services can be improved.
Haryana Roadways and all the people working there are doing a tremendous job. It’s because of them that the daily lives of many people are running comfortably.
Running such a big network of transportation service is easier said than done. My kudos and thanks to everyone working there.
Lastly, this is a post for the community. So help me in maintaining this post. If you have any additional information, updates, suggestions, etc then let me know.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.
Information and some images are courtesy of Official Haryana Roadways Website.