“What car accessories have you selected?” and “How will you make your car look cool?” My car dealer said with a smile as he was shaking my hand. I pointed to my new Hyundai Creta Sports Edition and politely offered “It’s pretty cool!”
He smiled again and said, “Creta sells 3.5 lakh cars in a year, It’s not yours until you have personalized it”.
Does it sound familiar? Maybe not your car dealer but your friend or relative might have said the same to you?
So this post is a result of what I found in my journey of personalizing my car. These suggestions are not specific to my car but apply to most cars. Some materials I found online and some I discovered in conversation with my friends. I also visited the car accessories wholesale market in Sikanderpur Gurugram (Gurgaon). All the links here are from Amazon and you can check their latest price there. These are some of the best car accessories that you can find in amazon.
Blog read time: 9.09 mins
In this blog (Part 1), you will find:
– Your absolute list of must-have car accessories.
– Some suggestions on must-have accessories if you’re planning a long car trip.
– Dangerous car accessories that you must definitely avoid.
– Some cool car accessories for under ₹1,000.
– Also some nice gifting ideas.
In Part 2, the following topics have been covered:
– 5 essential car accessories for the female/women driver
– 5 Essential accessories for car travel with baby on-board
– 4 most essential dog car travel accessories you must-have
Finally, I hope you find a few useful items here. There are some great ones to choose from. Happy accessorizing and making your car “yours”.
Table of contents:
- 1.Car accessories
- 2.8 essential must-have car accessories
- 3.6 must-have car accessories for your long drives
- 4.5 cool car accessories under ₹1,000
- 5.5 best car accessories for gifting
- 6.6 dangerous car accessories one should TOTALLY avoid
Car accessories, in layman terminology, is something that you can do to decorate your car. You can personalize your car and make it truly yours. The accessories that provide security like a car alarm, etc. should definitely be a priority.
Like Bat-mobile is accessorised for Batman. You can do the same.
1.1.What is a car accessory?
Car accessories, in layman terminology, is something that you can do to decorate your car. You can personalize your car and make it truly yours. These are not only to add beauty to our car. But can also provide those necessary security and comfort features.
1.2.What are the different types of accessories in a car?
External car accessories can be car covers, booster cable, cleaning cloth, buckets, etc.
Internal car accessories can be seat covers, mud-flaps, floor-mats, mobile holders, etc.
Some are purely for beautification and while others add new functionalities and capabilities.
There are 3 crores (30 million) cars produced in India every year. Do you want the same looking car as others? or do you want to personalize it and make it yours?
2.8 essential must-have car accessories
Following are the must-have car accessories that you should get today! They will not only enhance the look-and-feel of your car but will improve the overall experience.
1. Car accessories – Air freshener
Putting in an air freshener makes a great first impression!
- This product is 100% alcohol-free and eco friendly.
- It works up to 65 days.
- Also available in many types of fragrance.
2. Car puncture kit
Instead of having just one tool get a full kit. It would be more useful in the long-term.
- This product is a full repair kit.
- It has the following accessories Reamer, Probe, Rubber Glue, 10 Puncture Repair Strips, Nose Pliers, Gloves, Chalk, Cutter and 4 Tyre Valves.
- Also comes in a sturdy box for easy storage.
3. Car cleaning kit
Same is true for your cleaning kit also. Instead of just keeping a cloth, keep a kit. It would prove to be more helpful.
- This is a nice kit with many accessories.
- It comes with the following parts: 1Pc Microfiber Cloth, 1 foldable bucket, 1 box Car Wash Shampoo Tablets(5 tablets), 1 Pc Washing Sponge, 1 Pc Tyre Brush, 1 Pc Drying Towel, 1 Pc dual-sided water Wiper
- Also can be a great gift to someone who has bought a new car.
4. Car accessories – car cover
It’s an absolute must, especially for a new car. This one is specific to Hyundai Creta but you can choose as per your car.
- The fabric has a PVC coating inside which will prevent from scratches also.
- It also has mirror pockets.
- This is 100% waterproof and comes with a storage bag.
5. Car accessories – tyre inflator
- This is a cordless tyre inflator from Dewalt.
- It runs on 18V, 2.0Ah Battery (not included).
- This can also be powered through 12V DC (cigarette lighter) or 220V AC power at Home.
- It also has 2 years of manufacturer warranty.
6. Car mobile charger
You can go for a normal charger also. This one is on the upper-end because it has many features.
- It has a QC 3.0 Dual USB Rapid Fast Charger.
- It also has wireless Bluetooth FM transmitter.
- You can pair your smartphone with it to also stream music.
7. Mobile/GPS holder
You absolutely need it when you’re using GPS for getting directions.
- This is a good product for your mobile/GPS holder.
- It also comes with 10 days of manufacturing warranty.
- Looks pretty cool too.
8. Car security alarm
This is one of those things that people overlook until something bad happens. Then it becomes a necessity. Be smart and get it as soon as possible.
- This is a GPS tracker with engine lock.
- It also gives you analytics data. Like total distance, run time, stoppage time, max speed, average speed, etc.
- It also has an anti-theft alarm with the remote engine off. You get a notification when the ignition is turned on or the vehicle is moved via towing or pushing.
3.6 must-have car accessories for your long drives
Planned a long-distance car trip? Following items are your absolute must-have. Trust you me, you would need these following items.
1. Car accessories – car air bed
If you’re travelling long-distance then you need this item.
- This model is made of high-quality PVC, sleek black flocked material.
- It is also tear-resistant.
- It has a high load-bearing capacity of up to 180 kg that allows 2 adults to easily share the space.
2. Car power extension
- This model is a 3.1A fast charging car holder adapter.
- Dual USB Auto 12V Socket.
- 2-port USB for simultaneous charging.
- Easy On/Off switch control with LED indicator,
3. Steering wheel tray
- This is a multifunctional car laptop, food steering wheel tray.
- Its dimension is 42x28x2 cm.
- This Double-sided car steering tray can fix to the steering wheel.
4. Car accessories – Lumbar back support
- This model is made of elastic, wireframe and nylon nets.
- The beads also help massage your back.
5. Car accessories – Neck Support
- This product is soft and nice for your neck.
- It can also effectively reduce fatigue and pain caused by long driving
6. Car mini refrigerator
A must-have for those long trips in summer.
- Its a cooler and a warmer car fridge.
- It is also energy-saving and Eco-friendly.
- Designed to fit in the back seat of your car or floor.
- You only need to plug into your car’s 12V cigarette lighter.
4.5 cool car accessories under ₹1,000
Following products are some of the cool car accessories and will cost you less than ₹1,000.
1. Tyre Pressure Gauge
This is a nice analogue tyre pressure gauge 100 PSI for under ₹1,000.
- This mechanical tire gauge is calibrated to ANSI B40.1 Grade B (2%) international accuracy standard.
- Also suitable for cars, SUVs, RVs, ATVs, trucks, motorcycles, and bikes.
2. Car fire extinguisher
- This is a 400 ml flame retardant fluid.
- It is portable and handy with special extinguishing formula.
- Also has a stand and can be fixed in your car.
- It is non-toxic and is also the environment and ozone friendly.
3. Car rearview blind spot mirror
This is very useful in monitoring the activity happening in your blind spot.
- It is made of plastic and the curved mirror surface is very helpful in monitoring activities behind your car.
- The angle of the rearview mirror is adjustable, which can be rotated by 360 degrees.
4. Car trash bin
Always keep your car clean. This is a good looking trash can under ₹1,000.
- This is a nice compact trash bin.
- Dimensions: L 17 cms x W 6.5 cms.
5. Car sun visor tissue holder
- This car tissue box holder provides a tissue handy in your car.
- Dimensions: L 9 inch x W 5 inch.
5.5 best car accessories for gifting
Looking for gifting a car accessory? Following are some cool gift ideas and they don’t cost much.
1. Car ornament: bobblehead dog
This is a cute gift idea.
- This is made of plastic.
- It has a cute funny big head design.
2. Buddha monk car dashboard figurine
- It is also made from environmental protected resin material. Safe and non-toxic.
- There are 4 pieces in 1 package.
- Size: 2.36 inch x 1.57 in.
- Also since it is handmade so minor defects might be there.
3. Tissue box holder
This is a thoughtful gift idea.
- This is a beautiful looking tissue box holder.
- It is also made of environmentally friendly materials.
- It is covered in a beautiful PU Faux leather with attractive red stitching.
4. Car care kit
- This is a 3M product which is a reputed company.
- This box includes – 1 Car Wash Shampoo (500 ml), 1 Tyre Dresser (500 ml), 1 Dashboard Dresser (500 ml), 1 Liquid Wax (200 ml) and 1 Microfiber Cloth.
- Also, do not use on wet tyres, clean the tyre before using.
5. Indian National Flag
Great gift item for your patriotic friend.
- This is also made of high-quality material.
- Easy installation – just stick the base of the product with a double-sided tape.
6.6 dangerous car accessories one should TOTALLY avoid
Car accessories are a great idea. But there are certain accessories that you should avoid completely. These accessories might look cool but can be very harmful. Following are some of such car accessories that you should avoid.
India has banned its use because it blocks the car’s front sensors. In case of front collision, the sensors don’t sense the impact due to the front bullbar. Consequently, airbags do not get deployed. This is very dangerous and can prove to be fatal.
6.2.Illegal head light capacity
Generally, the throw of the in-built bulb in entry-level cars is not that good. So to improve that throw, people get their car headlights changed with aftermarket lights. But the bulbs approved for use range from 60-65 watts. Anything higher than that can get you a challan. So be careful with that.
Many people want that style statement of a sunroof in their car. But going for a sunroof in aftermarket could prove very risky as sunroof is always by design and not by choice. If any modification hurts the chassis of your car then it’s very risky and should be avoided.
6.4.Plus Size Alloys
People are very fond of alloy wheels. If you are planning to replace yours’ then avoid using plus size alloys. If your car comes with 14 inches tyre then do not replace it with a 16 inches alloys. Doing so will disturb the equilibrium. It will then affect fuel economy, comfort and handling of your car.
6.5.Rearview camera without grid lines
If you are buying a rearview camera then spend some extra money and get one with grid lines. Having a camera without grid lines is not very useful. With the grid lines, it becomes easy to judge the rear side that is visible in the rearview camera.
6.6.Non-customized/generic foot mat
Always get foot mats customised to your car. If you use a generic foot mat that doesn’t fit your car then it can prove as an obstacle for the acceleration pedal. If the pedal is stuck in the foot mat then it might cause an accident. So always get a foot mat that’s designed for your car only.
After accessorizing my car has given me a more personalized experience. I feel an instant difference when I am sitting in someone else’s car. Even if its the same car model as mine I can feel the difference. It’s a difference in comfort and features.
Mine was a good car out of the showroom. But after I have customized it to my taste and needs, it has become a great car!
If you can’t say the same for your car then I guess it is time to customize your car to suit your personality and requirements.
Did you enjoy reading Part 1? Then read Part 2 here.
The accessories listed in both part 1 and 2 are some of the best car accessories that you can find on Amazon for an economical price.
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you used any of the listed car accessories? Give your suggestions and feedback in the comments section below.